The following article is a guest post by Jessica Sanders. In the below paragraphs Jessica overviews three interesting methods to market your blog. Check them out!
Once you’ve created and are maintaining your business blog, it’s important that you market it to your audience. While the most common way of doing this is through social media, it’s in your best interest to diversify your marketing efforts.
Social media is an excellent place to start, and has more than likely been a significant contributor to the visitors you’ve had thus far. However, in a saturated online world, you may not always get through the every customer using that method. Everyone’s inboxes and media feeds are over-flowing with another marketing pitch or new blog post.
1. In The Everyday
While you may not realize it, there are numerous tactics you can use in your everyday interactions for business blog marketing. It’s in these few small areas of interaction that you reach the most people. While every business is taking to the social media world, it’s important that you still reach customers at every critical moment; that includes the most ordinary of times on the average workday.
- Company heading – Much of your outgoing mail – faxes, invoices, and direct mail advertisements – have a company heading, correct? Place your blog URL here. If anything, it associates your company with the blog, which will increase your blog brand awareness.
- Email – It’s important that you include a link to your blog in every single email. To do this, you can simply modify your signature to highlight that link.
2. At Networking Events
Networking events are a great opportunity to discuss the newest additions to your business, such as your business blog. However, it’s not enough to tell each person you see. You need a way for them to remember the blog, what it’s for and where they can find it. You need to make an impression in conjunction with providing a physical reminder.
- Add value – First you need to express how the blog adds value to clients, partners and customers. To do this, be sure to have an easy to reach link on your phone. If you can bring the site up on your smart phone, and give the person a quick walk through, they will better connect with the site. Take that moment to share the link with them via social media as well.
- Business cards – This is your chance to make the final impression. Include the URL of your blog on the business card so they can get right to it.
3. At Tradeshows
Tradeshows are an excellent opportunity to highlight various aspects of your business and invite engagement. This is your chance to get others involved with your blog. Make sure they care about it and remember it. There are two ways to go about doing this successfully.
- Feature clients – Invite all table visitors to sign up for a guest post opportunity for your blog. You can also have them contribute to a post about the trade show in general. This gives them a reason to check back later and potentially share the post on their social networks.
- Freebies – Before they leave, be sure that every visitor gets a free promotional item with your blog name on it. It can be a stress ball, a t-shirt, a bumper sticker – anything. It’s important that you engage them at this moment and then make them remember later on.
Marketing your business blog requires extensive attention outside of the social media world. While it’s important that you stay present and up to date in your social outlets, there are many customers that can be reached outside of the online world as well. Take advantage of these opportunities, and see your business blog flourish.